Is it Possible to Sell a House out of State?
You could have been relocated for work, decided to make a life change, or just wanted to get out of the country. What holds so many people back from making a huge move is the house that they own. They may have bought it just a few years ago & don’t have enough equity, or bought it at the height of the market & not it has depreciated. Then you are stuck with either renting out the house or taking a long.
If you decided to rent out the house or intially had plans, this article will be for you. As months or years go by with your out of state house you may be reconsidering wanting to sell. If the property is in good condition you could go the traditional route of contacting a realtor To help you sell a house out of state.
The next option would be to contact a real estate investment company like our own. The nice part about this is you would never have to step foot in the property again. We can take the process from beginning to end with you never leaving your current home! Now you might be thinking, well how do they do this…. I am going to go through the steps below:
1. We have an initial conversation about the house to see if it would be the right fit for us.
2. We would take a look at the property & assess how much we could offer you for it.
3. Once we access the property Carter would reach out for a phone conversation to try & come to an agreement on numbers.
4. If an agreement is made we would send a formal “offer to purchase” to you via “Docusign” for electronic signatures.
5. We would then organize everything with the title company so they can start doing their side of the work.
6. The title company would reach out to you for some information & figure out where “locally” you can sign your documents. For signing the seller side of the documents all that is needed is a registered notary. Typically one can be found at your bank, post office, or local title company.
7. Once the documents are signed they would be overnighted back to the title company & we would close in the near future.
8. After closing your check would be wired into your bank account & you are all set.
So as you can see in the above list it is not all that difficult to sell a house out of state. It typicaly takes a bit longer then usual because of the shipping of documents, but it is worth the convenience.
If you have a property that you would consider selling please reach out to us today! Give us a call at 920-215-4201 or fill out the form below.