Selling a House: What Happens Now?
You might be wondering what are the next steps when selling a house? Well if we fast forward past an accepted offer stage I can ellaborate from there.
So let’s say that you already have an accepted offer on your property. I am going to go into detail on what you should expect next until the actual closing date.
1. Buyer should send all documents over to the title company so they can start the title search & get everything in order for closing.
2. Earnest money needs to be deposited into a trust account at the title company or real estate brokerage.
3. Any tests, inspections, appraisals should be scheduled within the next 2-3 weeks from time of acceptance. If they are just wanting to bring a contractor through then that should be done within 1-2 weeks as well.
4. You will receive documents from the title company regarding the title commitment & where things are at in the process.
5. The buyer should be touching base with you weekly to give you updates on what is going on & how things are looking.
6. As closing date approaches a buyer & seller closing statement will be sent out. On the closing statement you will see any & all expenses you may need to pay. (Here at CB. Home Solutions we pay all your expenses when you sell your house).
7. The title company will reach out to you to set up a day/time to sign all your seller documents. In some cases you will sign a few days ahead of the buyer or possibly even the same day depending upon the situation. This is called “pre-signing”.
8. After the buyer signs all the documents then everything is done! You get a proceeds check & you can move on.
9. Make sure all utlities are out of your name & you cancel your Home owners insurance. You don’t want to keep getting billed if you don’t own the property
As you can see selling a house is not an extremely complicated process. If you follow the steps above with the assitance of a real estate professional you should be in good hands. Here at CB Home Solutions we pride ourselves on being able to serve & support our clients when selling a house. We will keep them updated throughout the entire process.
For a no obligation offer on your property fill out the form below or give us a call at 920-215-4201